PowerPlay Saturday is a day of fun and learning designed to educate children and families about heart-smart choices. The day brings children 10 and under into the Mid-Michigan Children’s Museum where they have an opportunity to explore the museum while learning about living healthy through various activities.
A sampling of past activities have included:
- Wholesome food sampling with take-home recipes
- Story time with books and puppets and healthy-living themes
- Doctors and other medical specialists delivering hands-on, interactive presentations
- Specialized classes such as karate and dance to encourage kids to get up and get moving
- Arts and crafts to take home that reinforce lessons learned
The event also offers free health screenings for parents as their children explore and learn that living healthy can be fun.
Conceived by the Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. - Saginaw Alumnae Chapter, this program partnership has been recognized nationally for its efforts to educate at-risk youth about healthy choices.